Search Results

[To search all databases, click here]

Your search for Richmond Hill Public School returned 25 entries.

Table of Contents

Title Page
Author's Preface
1 The Road through Richmond Hill
2 First Peoples on the Land
3 The European Settlers Arrive
4 From Miles' Hill to Richmond Hill: The Birth of a Community
5 Tories and Reformers
6 Stagecoach Lines and Railway Tracks
7 The Neighbours at Mid-Century
8 Fire Brigades and Fence Viewers
9 Picture Post Card Village of the 1880s and 1890s
10 Rails through Richmond Hill
11 The Flowering of Richmond Hill
12 The Village Transformed
Table of Illustrations
Richmond Hill Public School
1   in our imaginations to its earlier life as Richmond Hill Public School, while the municipal offices once again become
2   then re-formed, and marched towards the Public School. There William Wiley and C.H. Ellston of
3   Richmond Hill Public School
4   The board had recently built a new public school on the west side of Yonge Street in the
5   new Richmond Hill Public School was designed and built during 1914 by two local
6   cemetery which was often visited by public school students at recess. "It was such an easy matter
7   money for extra equipment when the new public school was built in 1915, then sponsored a number of
8   World War memorial in front of the Richmond Hill Public School, August 5, 1923. Umbrellas shelter Mr. and
9   a parade from the village park to the Public School. There the Ladies' Aid of the Methodist
10   the end, most graduates of Richmond Hill Public School probably reserved their fondest memories for
11   1920s, completed eight grades at the public school, and passed the provincially administered Entrance
12   pictured on the front steps of the Richmond Hill Public School in 1915. Front row, left to right: -
13   the major responsibilities of the public school during the decade of the 1920s. Before school and
14   church, manse, cemetery, and public school. Sometime in 1811, Miles founded what may
15   salaries. The villagers soon erected a proper schoolhouse - a hewn log structure, chinked with mud, about
16   to a new brick schoolhouse in 1847. The Richmond Hill Public School was administered by the elected trustees of
17   Hill public school, opened in 1847, pictured in a 1908
18   of organized leisure activities. The public school, the high school, and the several
19   school erected alongside the common school twenty years earlier. Further increases seemed
20   originated in the senior department of the Common School (later known as the Public School) on the west
21   Hill in 1878 as principal of the Public School. Six years later, he left teaching and purchased
22   to jointly purchase a new bell for the public school - one that could serve both educational and
23   would be allowed to proceed from public school to high school. At times of crisis,
24   Both the town bell - now located at the public school - and the Presbyterian Church bell began
25   25, a memorial service was held at the public school, and Saturday, the day of her funeral, was

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z 
Search index by Categories of entries:

Copyright Richmond Hill Public Library Board, 1991