Search:
[To search all databases, click here]
Table of Contents

Title Page
Author's Preface
1 The Road through Richmond Hill
2 First Peoples on the Land
3 The European Settlers Arrive
4 From Miles' Hill to Richmond Hill: The Birth of a Community
5 Tories and Reformers
6 Stagecoach Lines and Railway Tracks
7 The Neighbours at Mid-Century
8 Fire Brigades and Fence Viewers
9 Picture Post Card Village of the 1880s and 1890s
10 Rails through Richmond Hill
11 The Flowering of Richmond Hill
12 The Village Transformed
Epilogue
Appendices
Table of Illustrations
Index
The Naughton Brothers,Michael and John, operated their general store on the southwest corner at Elgin Mills from around 1870 to 1919. The Post Office was housed in the store from 1900 onwards.
Return to Text


Copyright Richmond Hill Public Library Board, 1991