Table of Contents
- Northern Railway
- 1 Straw and Hay," and later renamed the Northern Railway. Eventually, the line ran from Toronto to
- 2 in 1876, despite competition from the Northern Railway. A Toronto-Georgian Bay rail link had first been
- 3 Northern Railway itself did not suffer for bypassing
- 4 needed a connection with the Northern Railway to improve its shipping arrangements.
- 5 was too little and too late. The Northern Railway refused to lower freight rates on its main line,
Copyright © Richmond Hill Public Library Board, 1991