Table of Contents
- Stewart, Hugh
- 1 Gapper, David Bridgeford, and Hugh Stewart "delivered speeches abusing [me] in very
- 2 four o'clock in the afternoon, Captain Hugh Stewart stood near the front door of Crew's
- 3 Moodie on his ride to Toronto. Hugh Stewart also offered to go. South of Thornhill,
- 4 made a dash at them and passed them," Stewart later told an inquiry eager to hear every
- 5 shots. Moodie fell on the neck of Stewart's horse. "I'm shot. I'm a dead man," he gasped.
- 6 Stewart helped Moodie regain his saddle, but the
- 7 me, going towards Richmond Hill," Stewart recounted. "It immediately occurred to me
- 8 Stewart and Crew rallied village loyalists, the
- 9 Levendale. Photo by Mary-Lou Griffin Stewart found the Colonel and his family safe
- 10 Richard Gapper, Robert Moodie, Hugh Stewart, David Bridgeford, and William Crew.
- 11 District in the chair, and members like Hugh Stewart, Richard Gapper, and Edward O'Brien
Copyright © Richmond Hill Public Library Board, 1991