Table of Contents
- Lawrence, William J.
- 1 arrived from an unusual quarter: William Lawrence built a greenhouse. It may not have been
- 2 Bedford Park greenhouses to the right. William J. Lawrence knew his plants and flowers well - his father had
- 3 greenhouse business the same year as William Lawrence.
- 4 Lawrence, Dunlop, and Mills were friendly competitors
- 5 Hill Horticultural Society. Growers Lawrence and Dunlop joined villagers John
- 6 Mackenzie Drive, where William Lawrence was developing the new subdivision of
- 7 William J. Lawrence greenhouses. By the second decade of the
- 8 completed, Lawrence's Richmond Hill operation included five
- 9 all was not rosy for William Lawrence in Richmond Hill. In January 1913, a
- 10 equally severe setback was the one Lawrence experienced in the spring of 1913. The
- 11 Lawrence's contributions to Richmond Hill had
- 12 John Dunlop family. Like Lawrence before him, John H. Dunlop was
Copyright © Richmond Hill Public Library Board, 1991