Search Results

[To search all databases, click here]

Your search for Jones, Augustus returned 15 entries.

Table of Contents

Title Page
Author's Preface
1 The Road through Richmond Hill
2 First Peoples on the Land
3 The European Settlers Arrive
4 From Miles' Hill to Richmond Hill: The Birth of a Community
5 Tories and Reformers
6 Stagecoach Lines and Railway Tracks
7 The Neighbours at Mid-Century
8 Fire Brigades and Fence Viewers
9 Picture Post Card Village of the 1880s and 1890s
10 Rails through Richmond Hill
11 The Flowering of Richmond Hill
12 The Village Transformed
Table of Illustrations
Jones, Augustus
1   19, 1794, Deputy Provincial Surveyor Augustus Jones ran the line of the new road from
2  Augustus Jones, Deputy Provincial Surveyor, who made the first
3   surveyors in Upper Canadian history, Augustus Jones was born about 1757 in the Hudson River
4   The governor himself was delighted at Jones's accomplishment. "The Road from York to
5   August 3, 1797, Augustus Jones presented "A Report on the Condition of
6   all the way north to Stouffville Road, Jones's 1797 report is blank. The following year,
7   acres partly cleared. [Next year, Jones noted "a small log house" on this
8  Jones gathered data for his report by going along
9   Simcoe and William Berczy and Augustus Jones, and long before Yonge Street was
10   acres cleared. [The following year, Jones added "a log house" to his description of
11   trader south of Lake Simcoe in March 1794, Augustus Jones witnessed an argument between two groups of
12   was confirmed in August 1797 when Augustus Jones submitted his "Report on the Condition of
13   Street to their land. At about the time Augustus Jones was gathering data for his report on
14   1798, de Puisaye and surveyor Augustus Jones headed up Yonge Street to look over
15  Augustus Jones Finishes the

A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z 
Search index by Categories of entries:

Copyright Richmond Hill Public Library Board, 1991