Search:
[To search all databases, click here]
Table of Contents

Title Page
Author's Preface
1 The Road through Richmond Hill
2 First Peoples on the Land
3 The European Settlers Arrive
4 From Miles' Hill to Richmond Hill: The Birth of a Community
5 Tories and Reformers
6 Stagecoach Lines and Railway Tracks
7 The Neighbours at Mid-Century
8 Fire Brigades and Fence Viewers
9 Picture Post Card Village of the 1880s and 1890s
10 Rails through Richmond Hill
11 The Flowering of Richmond Hill
12 The Village Transformed
Epilogue
Appendices
Table of Illustrations
Index
Dr. John P. Wilson (1886-1965). Born in Albion Township and a graduate of the University of Toronto medical School, Dr. Wilson set up practice in Richmond Hill in the fall of 1918, during the bad influenza epidemic. He and Dr. Rolph Langstaff took yearly turns as medical officer of health for Richmond Hill during the 1920s. Wilson served three years on village council in the 1940s, and was active in community affairs even after his formal retirement from medicine in 1962.
Return to Text


Copyright Richmond Hill Public Library Board, 1991